Master of Legal Studies in Corporate Compliance
Want to Learn More?
Lead For The Future
Organizations need leaders who can apply corporate compliance with a conscience while addressing the most urgent challenges their businesses face. In an increasingly digital corporate environment, the challenges are pressing and the solutions are far from simple. Claim your seat at the table with our online Master of Legal Studies in Compliance and Risk Management program, which prepares you for leadership roles in this growing and increasingly important field.
Watch Our Corporate Compliance Webinar
Strategic Leadership Starts Here
Our MLS degree will help you become a vital contributor to the strategic success of organizations that lead innovation, promote corporate responsibility, and contribute to economic development. Get ready for your role with courses focused on privacy, ethics, and compliance.
- Build a strong foundation in the Business Law Fundamentals course, where you’ll explore the regulations and processes that impact organizational corporate compliance.
- Hone your ethical judgment as you practice applying compliance with a conscience in the Corporate Compliance And Ethics course.
- Examine some of the most pressing compliance issues faced by modern businesses in the Financial Privacy and Cybersecurity course.
This online MLS program will help you develop critical, analytical, and creative approaches to problem-solving. With hands-on projects and real-world scenarios, you’ll hone your professionalism, critical thinking skills, and professional principles.
By the end of the program, you’ll have a working knowledge of a range of laws and regulations, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the whistle-blower provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act, and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Plus, because corporate and financial compliance are closely interconnected, you’ll also learn about the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Explore fundamental federal regulations that impact healthcare professionals and organizations in the Healthcare Law course.
- Learn about compliance with governmental regulations and internal corporate policies as practiced by hospitals and managed care organizations in the Healthcare Industry Compliance course.
- Examine the impacts of the pharmaceutical industry, explore promotional regulatory oversight, and dig into applicable laws regulating compliance in the Healthcare Transactions Compliance course
By the end of these courses, you’ll have a working knowledge of the regulations essential to ensure compliance in the healthcare industry, including fraud and abuse laws, HIPAA, and the Affordable Care Act. Practice with real-world scenarios guided by instructors who are experts in the industry. Prepare to navigate changing regulations, track regulatory change, and contribute to the rulemaking process, all while helping your organization provide the best possible care.
Guide Corporate Principles
Organizations of all sizes need leaders who can do more than meet regulatory requirements. Corporate compliance leaders drive business success through the thoughtful and ethical application of their expertise. The corporate compliance concentration prepares you with a multitude of career opportunities, including:
Chief Compliance Officer – Oversee a team of compliance experts to build a culture of compliance within a large or complex organization.
Compliance Specialist – Develop, implement, and enforce policies to ensure full compliance with internal processes and external regulations.
Compliance Analyst – Perform internal audits of corporate activities to manage risk and ensure compliance.
You can select from other concentrations depending on your professional goals and interests: